Bagnall Construction uses specialist mobile washing plant to clean the filter media in the filter beds of water companies. The plant allows the washing and recycling of existing blast furnace slag media.
The plant consists of a tracked Portafill 3000 rinsing screen, a Portafill sand dewaterer and associated pumps and pipework.
The Portafill wash plant is compact, which means that it can be easily moved around the country to the various sites that require media to be recycled.
Bagnall also carries specialist de-watering equipment, settlement tanks and siltbusters for dealing with dirty wash water.
As well delivering a substantial cost saving compared to the purchase of new media, this method also has significant environmental advantages:
- existing material reused, saving resources
- eliminates the need to haul new media often considerable distances
- reduced traffic on site
- reduction of the amount of old media to tip (often very expensive)
- cleaned blast furnace slag filter media
- media can also be taken from redundant filters, cleaned and used elsewhere on other projects