ELIQUO HYDROK pile cloth media filters can treat flows ranging from 3-250 l/sec in prefabricated stainless steel tank units. The filters are normally installed in multiple concrete tanks, the largest flow to date being 9,250 l/sec. Retrofit into existing tanks is possible.
Pile Cloth Media Filtration (PCMF) is a patented technology used for the removal of suspended solid particles from municipal waste water, industrial process water and storm water.
All units are produced to Swiss quality standards in the Mecana factory in Switzerland, with the stainless steel tanks and control systems manufactured in the UK by ELIQUO HYDROK.
The filters offers a superior operational performance compared to any micro-screen or micro-strainer on the market as they are true filters with depth filtration being the dominant particle removal mechanism.
- Tertiary filtration for TSS reduction downstream of humus or secondary settlement tanks (<5mg/l TSS achievable)
- Tertiary phosphorus removal in combination with precipitation/flocculation - bespoke design for P(tot) consent from 1mg/l to less than 0.1mg/l
- Micro-pollutant ‘Priority Substance’ removal
- As an alternative to fixed-film biological treatment humus tanks for removal of TSS
- Pre-filtration for fixed-bed nitrification stages
- Storm overflow filtration
- Pre-filtration prior to MBRs or UV systems
- For small to medium flows and loadings (prefabricated in tanks)
- For very large flows or retrofitting into travelling bridges in concrete tanks
- Media loading rate: 8-10m/hr
- Filter loading rate: 24-65m/hr
- TSS: < 5mg/l achievable
- Backwash volumes: low at < 2% of forward flow with low instantaneous flows
- Highly efficient solids separation
- High throughput and can withstand shock loads
- Continual operation during backwashing
- Gravity flow typical - only 300mm head required
- No backwash system required external to the filter
- Small footprint
- Easy cloth replacement
- Low power and maintenance costs