The Actiflo® Carb system combines high-rate clarification and activated carbon adsorption for the treatment, purification and refinement of water.
The operating characteristics of Actiflo® Carb are identical to those of the Actiflo® high-rate clarifier, with the addition of an activated carbon adsorption stage for the removal of substances resistant to chemical clarification.
- Drinking water: for the treatment of NOM resistant to clarification, pesticides, emerging micropollutants, micro-algae, flavours and odours.
- Process water: for refining and treating resistant NOM.
- Sewage: to eliminate hard COD and other compounds resistant to chemical or biological treatment systems.
- “Reuse”: for the advanced tertiary treatment and refinement of treated sewage.
- Efficient removal of NOM and emerging pollutants.
- Refinement of treated water.
- High sedimentation rate, ≥ 30m/h.
- Small footprint.
- Rapid start-up within a few minutes.
- Upgrade of existing installations.
The polluted water is first treated in a basin containing powdered activated carbon (PAC), where non-flocculable substances, such as Natural Organic Matter (NOM), micro-algae, flavours and odours, pesticides, endocrine disruptors and other emerging micropollutants, are adsorbed.
The water then passes to coagulation, flocculation and sedimentation basins where a coagulant and microsand are added to promote flocs formation and sedimentation.
A recirculation circuit with a specific hydrocyclone recovers clean microsand, returns the PAC to the contact tank, and purges excess sludge from the process.
Drinking water applications
Buy using powdered activated carbon, ACTIFLO® CARB ensures the production of drinking water of very high quality. It is ideal for the treatment of varying polluted raw waters, and makes it possible to achieve up to 95% removal of pesticides and refractory compounds.
ACTIFLO® CARB is well adapted to tertiary wastewater treatment applications, targeting removals of emerging micro-pollutants, especially endocrine disruptors. There is the option to use ozone to eliminate up to 95% of the endocrine disruptors and their ozonation by-products.
ACTIFLO® CARB is suited for industrial applications, specifically for the removal of COD that is refractory to chemical and/or biological treatment.
Montluçon, France (28,800m³/d, 2014)
Sablé sur Sarthe, France (28,800m³/d, 2014)
La Chesnaie, Coutures, France (12,000m³/d, 2013)
Media, Romania (16,300m³/d, 2012)
Fuyang, Hangzhou, China (250,000m³/d, 2012)
TW Moses, Indianapolis, IN, USA (90,850m³/d, 2011)
Bouil de Chambon, France (12,000m³/d, 2009)
Huntsman, Qingdao, China (1,000m³/d, 2009)