Two day CPD training course aimed at environmental advisors and engineers.
Date: 6-7 Dec 2017
What you will get out of the course
- An understanding of the legislative framework, discharge permits and consents and what they mean in practice.
- The opportunity to ask questions and take part in group discussions.
- The opportunity to have one-to-one discussions over your own water treatment issues.
- The opportunity to meet other industry professionals facing similar day to day challenges.
The course covers
- Environmental legislation
- Estimating treatment volumes
- Planning to prevent pollution
- Factors affecting treatment
- Silt and solids removal
- Oil and hydrocarbons removal
- Chemical dosing options
- Treatment of alkaline waters
- Treatment of sludge and slurries
- Dissolved metals
“The course provides practical advice which people can go away and instantly apply – whether you have four or 40 years’ experience, there was still something new to learn.” – Mike Summersgill, Former President of CIWEM (Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management).
Many construction firms expose themselves to potentially crippling fines (up to £3 million) under the newly published sentencing guidelines because they are not fully aware of the environment risk posed by construction activities.
The course provides site staff with a basic understanding of everything they need to know, including a brief introduction to the law, planning the works to avoid water pollution, estimating the volume of water from rainfall events and groundwater inflow through to how best to handle silty water, oil contamination and high pH concrete washwater.