LysoTherm® is a patented system for the thermal disintegration of organic sludge, especially sewage sludge. it is specially designed to enable the efficient, cost-effective and safe disintegration of sludge, and is particularly suited for smaller sewage treatment plants.
The goal of thermal disintegration is to enhance the anaerobic stabilisation (digestion) of organic sludge, especially sewage sludge and, hence:
- increase the gas yield
- decrease the amount of organic residues in digested sludge
- increase the dry matter content (DM) in the digested, dewatered sludge
- reduce polymer consumption used in the dewatering process
- reduce the amount of sludge to be disposed of
- reduce digestion time
- increase digestion capacity
Further advantages of thermal disintegration
- Reduction of sludge viscosity in the digester
- Reduction of foaming in the digester
- Increase potential to recover phosphorus as magnesium ammonium-phosphate from the sludge
- Elimination of pathogenic bacteria
The LysoTherm® system is flexible and versatile. In addition to the thermal disintegration of excess sludge (primary disintegration), it can also be used for the conditioning of digested sludge (secondary disintegration).
Another major advantage of the LysoTherm® system is its high user-friendliness.
- Fully automated operation
- Easy accessibility to all critical items including isolated parts
- Easy inspection and cleaning of the sludge-pipes: the pipe bends within the pipe bundle system can be removed with only a few steps if maintenance becomes necessary; the complete interior of the sludge pipes can be visually inspected and easily cleaned. By default the system is equipped with a fully automated CIP-system (clean-in-place).
The system's plug and play design makes it easy to install and put into operation.