The 40K Series Muffin Monster excels in wet and dry grinding applications. It is a powerful shredder for large processing systems. It also serves in many industrial applications including fish and beef processing, petroleum, pulp and paper mills, chemical plants, and recycling plants.
Hex shafts: 64mm
Motor: Standard 7.5 kW; 35:1 reducer
Cutter size: 190mm diameter
Seal max working pressure: 10.3 bar
Features and benefits
- Dual-shafted, slow-speed, high-torque grinder easily shreds the toughest debris, including rocks, wood, wipes, hair, clothing, plastic and other debris
- Capable of grinding a wider variety of solids than single-shafted machines, macerators, or chopper pumps
- Grinding separates organic from inorganic materials in the waste stream
Automated monitoring and controls
- Protect pumps and other critical equipment from costly clogs and damage from tough solids
- Auto load sensing and reversals reduce interrupts and optimise performance
Compact and efficient design
- Adapts to pipelines or channels with little or no modification
- Custom stainless steel frames allow easy installation in channels, wet wells and pump stations
Lower operating cost
- Clear pipes and pumps means shorter pump run cycles and lower electrical costs
Muffin Monster™ sewage grinders are designed to protect pumps and other equipment by grinding down the toughest wastewater solids. Available in three different models each with two different configurations, they are suitable for applications such as:
- Pump stations
- Sludge processing
- Correctional facilities
- Headworks – primary treatment
- Septage / grease receiving
Wipes Ready™ Technology
Muffin Monster sewage grinders are available with the unique Wipes Ready™ suite of technologies. It is designed to capture all wipes in the waste stream and shred them into small pieces that will not reweave into a ragball in sewage systems.
The Wipes Ready technologies applied in Muffin Monster sewage grinders are:
- Wipes Ready cutters* – a combination of serrated cutters and knurled spacers cuts wipes in two directions. The result is smaller particles that cannot reweave downstream.
- Delta P side rails* – direct solids into the cutters without sacrificing flow rate and prevent debris build-up in the grinder
- Optimised cut control (OCC)* – the OCC gear ratio optimises shaft speeds to enhance the cutting action and cleaning of the cutters, which in turn improves the performance and life of the grinder.
Please note that different Muffin Monster models feature different Wipes Ready options.
* Patent pending