Bürkert offers an iron analyser system designed to economically monitor the iron content of raw water used in food or drink production processes, as well as spring water for drinking. The system provides continuous checks and documentation to ensure excessive iron content is avoided, which in food production leads to unsightly cloudiness and discolouration as well as impaired taste.
The Bürkert online analysis system offers three major advantages over conventional instrumentation solutions:
- The iron removal process is monitored with a special iron sensor, the sensor cube MS06. Its sensors are based on state-of-the-art flow injection analysis (FIA). One sensor is able to monitor multiple filters using the Bürkert sampling system.
- The sample water lines can be designed flexibly – in addition to the iron sensor, it is, for example, possible to integrate sensors for turbidity, ORP, conductivity and pH value.
- In combination with Bürkert sample water sampling, one sensor unit – consisting of the said sensors – can monitor up to eight sample water lines.
- Lower costs thanks to intelligent control cabinet layout
- Quick and easy installation
- Process reliability
- Long maintenance intervals
- Customer-specific plant design
Flow injection analysis (FIA)
The automated analysis of the iron content in iron analyser MS06 works with high-precision microfluidic components:
- With the help of flow injection analysis (FIA), a sample is taken from the flowing medium.
- A reagent is added to this sample.
- Sample and reagent are pumped through the system and mixed in the process.
- They react to form a specific dye.
- The iron content is then determined through the photometric analysis of this dye.
Control cabinet solution Type 8906
Sensor cube MS06 as well as other sensors and components can be installed in the robust control cabinet solution Type 8906. Measured values are therefore always available at a glance. This allows maintenance, control and error diagnosis to be carried out at one location, without having to cover long distances and employ a laboratory. The robust control cabinet protects sensors and other components against contact, dirt and water to IP65 degree of protection.
Other key features:
- Customised, application-specific sensors
- Automatic cleaning and calibration units
- Compact dimensions
- Lockable on request