The STDi-485 Point of Use water Detector is comprised of TWO components, the detector module and the point detector, connected together via a 1m jumper cable. Both the Detector Module and the Point detector are manufactured from STAREX General ABS (SD-0150) plastic. The Detector Module houses the electronic circuitry and the Point Detector houses the gold plated detection pins. The jumper cable is connected to the top of the Point Detector via a 3-pin plug & socket. Conductive fluid touching the two detection pins simultaneously will cause the detector to enter an alarm condition. Alarm status and monitoring is via a single RS485 link to an i-Zone Mini control panel. A stabiliSing bar is required, as a means of fixing the Point of Use detector to the floor surface.
- For use within Plant rooms and other solid floor areas.
- For detection of conductive water.
- Manufactured from rust proof and hard wearing ABS plastic.
- Gold plated detecting pins.
- Two component design – keeping head and electronic module separate.
- LED & internal alarm sounder in module to give local alarm indication.
- Multiple types of protection covers are available to prevent mechanical damage.
- For connection to an i-Zone Mini control panel.
- Normal operating voltage: 12 volts d.c
- Quiescent current: <10mA. per detector.
- Alarm current: <100mA. per detector.
- Detector oscillator frequency : 6kHz
- Recommended interconnecting cable: 4 Core Cable 22AWG / Screened Twisted Pair / Belden Ref 8723
- Line-out voltage drop: 1.5mV/m.
- Approvals: BS EN ISO 9001:1994 / EMC Directive 89/336/EEC