Toveko is a gravity-fed, self-cleaning sand filter that operates continuously as long as there is a flow.
The filters are manufactured in stainless and duplex steels, making them suitable for long-term operation with sewage and industrial wastewater, and in highly corrosive environments, including sea water.
- Counter-current, gravity-fed filters
- Continuous cleaning of sand bed
- Low 2.3m height enables gravity flow into the filter
- Able to handle sticky solids and oil that block most other filters
- Automatic head-loss detection system allows handling of fluctuating loads and operation at remote, un-manned sites
- Manufactured in stainless and duplex steels
Toveko sand filters are suitable for many applications, including:
- tertiary filtration of sewage and industrial wastewater
- river water treatment
- potable water treatment
- process / cooling water recycling
- removal of oil at docks, harbours, factories and refineries
Water flows in via a full-height launder running the length of the filter, entering the sand bed at a low level, and flowing upwards to the overflow launder.
The filtration process uses the entire sand bed. Depending on filter size, one or more airlift pumps remove dirty sand from the base of the filter and deposit it into high-efficiency washers.
Filters have an automatic head-loss detection system, used to automatically start and stop filter operation and control the rate of sand washing according to the incoming solids load.
Stainless steel 304 grade (1.4301) - as standard
Stainless steel 316 grade (1.4401) - used for high chloride concentrations
Duplex alloys - used for even higher concentrations (for example sea water)