Bagnall Construction supplies and installs filter bed drainage tile and vent systems and blast furnace slag filter (BFS) media for biological percolating filters.
- 14/32, 20/40, 32/50 and 40/63mm grades.
- Complies with the requirements of BS 1438/2004.
- Preferred filter media for biological perculating filters.
- Supplied in bulk tippers, or ready-screened in 1.5-tonne bags and delivered on flat bed trucks.
Once beds are tiled out and vents are fitted, the BFS filter media is installed.
Over the years, Bagnall Construction has developed an efficient method of installing the media, which minimises crushing and compaction.
- First the media is hauled to site and screened to remove any dust caused by transportation.
- The media is then conveyed into the bed using the company's Telebelt TB80 truck-mounted telescopic conveyor. This is a very quick and efficient method, which ensures that no weight is put onto the media during installation, avoiding any compaction.
- The media is conveyed into the bed at a shallow angle, rather than being violently dropped into position.