The PR2 Profile Probe provides easy and accurate soil moisture profiles. It enables users to monitor soil water profiles with ease and flexibility.
How to use PR2
Install an access tube into the soil, insert the PR2 profile probe and press the HH2 [Read] button to display an instantaneous reading, or connect the PR2 to a datalogger (GP2 or DL6) and leave the system to record soil moisture changes over time.
- Soil moisture content - not just trends.
- Low salinity and temperature sensitivity.
- Portable meter option for convenient multi-site measurement.
- GP2 and DL6 datalogger options for continuous monitoring.
The PR2 profile probe is built around patented sensing technology which provides unprecedented performance in all soil types, with minimal influence from either salinity or temperature. The PR2/4 model measures soil moisture at 4 depths down to 40cm, or the PR2/6 measures at 6 depths down to 100cm.
Profile probes are used in access tubes inserted into pre-augered holes in the soil. Access tubes require an installation hole only 27mm in diameter, allowing easy installation and minimal soil disturbance. They are manufactured to strict tolerances and are exceptionally strong and durable in the soil. Correct installation is essential and Delta-T Devices recommends the use of their specially designed augering equipment.
SDI-12 digital version of the PR2
The PR2 SDI-12 is a digital alternative to the well-established analogue PR2 Profile Probe. It shares the many strengths of the analogue PR2 soil moisture probe, but with the addition of SDI-12 compatibility - allowing integration into new and existing SDI-12 systems.
- Multiple PR2 SDI-12s can be connected to a compatible datalogger via a single cable.
- Enables the creation of low cost highly flexible sensor networks.
- Compatible with existing PR2 access tubes and augering kits.
- Conforms to industry standard SDI-12 (v1.3) spec.
- Flexible integration with 3rd party SDI-12 systems.
- New low power design; ideal for remote sites.
Find out more about the PR2 SDI-12: http://www.delta-t.co.uk/pr2-sdi-12.asp