The innovative SPN1 Sunshine Pyranometer measures global (total) and diffuse radiation, and sunshine state – all in one instrument.
- DNI (Direct-Normal Irradiance) calculation
- WMO sunshine threshold: 120 W.m-2 direct beam
- No moving parts, shade rings or motorised tracking
- No routine adjustment or polar alignment
- Works at any latitude
- Precision ground glass dome
The SPN1 is exceptionally easy to use; it needs no routine adjustment or polar alignment and works at any latitude. It is an affordable and effective alternative to shade-ring pyranometers, pyrheliometers and traditional sunshine recorders.
Output from an SPN1 Sunshine Pyranometer enables calculation of DNI (Direct-Normal Irradiance) in sun tracking, horizontal and tilted installations.
An internal heater keeps the dome clear of dew, ice and snow down to -20°C (in still air conditions), ensuring reliable readings in difficult climatic conditions.
The SPN1 is protected by patents EP 1012633 and US 6417500.