The Hydro-Industrial DAF is a high-performance dissolved air flotation system optimised for removing nuisance and by-product materials from industrial water and wastewater.
Capturing oil products, suspended solids, fats and other materials that are not dissolved, its high purification efficiency means that wastewater meets quality standards appropriate for discharge into sewer networks.
- Meat and poultry slaughter and processing
- Dairy and milk processing
- Fish canning
- Oil and fat processing
- Chemicals and petrochemicals
- Textiles and leather production
- Iron and steelmaking
- Initial wastewater is pumped to the mixer inlet (flocculator), where the wastewater is treated with reagents. Treated effluents enter the mixing chamber of the flotator with a simultaneous supply of a water-air mixture. The air bubbles and waste form flotation complexes that float to the surface.
- Larger flotation complexes reach the surface in the mixing chamber, while the rest pass along with the waste water to the flotation chamber, where it is separated from the liquid.
- The resulting foam is removed from the surface of the water with a scraper mechanism and discharged into the collection tray. Heavy contaminants settle on the bottom, from where they are removed through a special pipe.
- Clarified wastewater is discharged through a controlled overflow into the tank for purified water and removed from the installation. Part of the purified water is taken by the recirculation pump to saturate it with air.
- After that, the air-water mixture is distributed for dispersed supply into the flotation and reagent wastewater treatment areas.
Recirculation coefficient: 20-200%
Recycle pressure: 75-95psi
Flotation surface area: 0.5-21m2
Lamella block volume: 0.15-16m3
Effective lamella block surface: 5-93m2