Type 8741 is a device platform that can integrate several sensor-actuator modules in an industrial ethernet network using a superordinate system control unit. It is primarily designed for heat treatment and glass forming burner applications.
- configured either as an MFC (mass flow controller) / or MFM (mass flow meter)
- measures (MFM) or controls (MFC) the mass flow of gases using a MEMS sensor
- intended for use on Bürkert's proprietary büS network or a CANopen network
Type 8741 is particularly used for:
- burner applications in glass forming
- controlling gas atmospheres in heat treatment applications
The sensor is in direct contact with the gas and therefore reaches very fast response times of a few hundred milliseconds. Furthermore, the measurement is independent from pressure or temperature deviations.
The MFC / MFM can optionally be calibrated for two different gases and the user is able to switch between them.
Network and systems control
The büS network technology, which is based on CAN physics, was developed by Bürkert especially for applications where a number of control loops run by industrial ethernet or other fieldbus systems.
The System Control Unit (SCU) Type ME2X converts the customer’s ethernet communication into the proprietary büS and operates all electronic devices connected. The communication of the devices can be switched from büS to CANopen. Given that, Type 8741 can also be integrated into an existing CANopen infrastructure.
CAD Models, a fluid calculator and a fluid resistance chart are available – click 'Visit website for more info' in the left hand contact panel for more details.