A recent project for Inspectahire was for a major power generation company in England, where Inspectahire was asked to undertake a survey to investigate gas leaks. Using the GFx320 optical gas imaging camera, Inspectahire carried out the survey and discovered more than 20 fugitive emissions at the plant.
When using methane gas, it is very important for natural gas fired power plants to have a regular predictive maintenance plan that includes an inspection of components such as compressors, valves, and other hardware.
Traditional methane leak detection methods are costly, time consuming and are not a reliable way of finding the source of a given leak. Whether it is a sniffer, bubble test, or laser technology, all of these methods have set up time, and specific limitations and safety risks.
Another challenge for customers is making sure there are no electrical or mechanical systems producing an extreme amount of heat, which could cause an explosion if there is an unnoticed leak.
The cooled GFX320 infrared camera from Inspectahire is an ideal solution for use regular predictive maintenance and leak detection. It is spectrally filtered to visualize methane gas leaks as well as other industrial gases, allowing inspectors to quickly survey large areas for signs of gas leaks.
Adding an OGI survey to your predictive maintenance plan will help quickly identify methane leaks and allow the user to detect any electrical/mechanical heat issues its thermal imaging capabilities. As part of an effective predictive maintenance program, the GFx320 will help protect the environment while avoiding product losses and ensuring a safer work environment.
Key specifications for the FLIR GFx320
- Suitable for surveying critical zones.
- Real-time visualization of even very small gas leaks due to the high sensitivity mode.
- Measures temperatures from -20 °C to +350 °C with ±1 °C accuracy.
- Built-in video recording, digital camera and laser pointer.
- Embedded GPS data helps to identify the precise locations of non-compliance.
- High performance LCD & tiltable high resolution viewfinder delivers bright and vivid image in poor lighting environment or under sunlight.
- Ergonomic design, with rotating handle and direct access buttons.
- Dual use; detects gas leaks and carries out electrical inspections (radiometric image data).
Benzene, ethanol, ethylbenzene, heptane, hexane, isoprene, methanol, MEK, MIBK, octane, pentane, 1-pentene, toluene, xylene, butane, ethane, methane, propane, ethylene.