31 August 2021
Whether for clean-in-place processes, cooling during aluminium extrusion, or temperature control technology - Bürkert seat valves are proving their durability and flexibility up to temperatures of 230°C and operating pressures of up to 25 bar.
Ideal for high pressures and temperatures
Bürkert seat valves are ideal for gases, liquids and steam. Thanks to an optimised sealing system, the valves can now be switched not only at higher pressures, but also at higher temperatures.
- Maximum operating pressure of 25 bar(g)
- Maximum media temperature of 230°C for steam and neutral gases
- Maximum media temperature of 200°C for hot water
- Extremely durable and resilient thanks to optimised seal design
Hot water version
The hot water version was developed for temperature control technology where pressurised water of up to 200°C is used. When tested, the valves were able to achieve over one million valve operations at 200°C and a pressure of 16 bar(g).
The high-temperature version was tested with steam at a temperature of up to 230°C, with more than one million valve switching operations.
Seat valves are preferred over cheaper rotary valves due to their long service life.
Thanks to the higher pressure and temperature ranges, Bürkert seat valves are suitable for demanding applications in which ball or butterfly valves have mainly been used up to now.
The devices or seals need to be replaced only rarely, which not only reduces the maintenance effort, but also the total cost of ownership.
Benefits of using Bürkert seat valves
- Wide range of on/off, control, electric motor or pneumatically operated valves up to 230°C and 25 bar(g)
- Versatile in use: suitable for water, steam, neutral gases, cleaning media and coolants
- Long service life: over one million valve operations at 200°C hot water and 230°C steam