Food / drink
|Filtration range (mm / µm)||
2mm down to 100 microns
Automated self-cleaning filters
These are ideal for use with surface water, water from lakes and rivers, sea water or mains supply. The filters are used for the protection of heat exchangers and sensitive process equipment.
• A single unit gives continuous operation, using a hydrodynamic flushing principle.
• Plastic (GRP) or stainless steel construction.
• Filtration from 2mm down to 100 microns.
• Simple to install and operate.
• Requires compressed air and electric power supply.
Surface filtration elements collect solid particles on the outside of the unit. Controlled by valves, reversing the fluid flow allows the solids (and some liquid) to be discharged. The filtration can then continue in the forward direction.
Backwash filters are made from all-stainless steel elements, with filtration ratings as low as 0.5 microns.