The PR2 SDI-12 shares the many strengths of the analogue PR2 soil moisture probe, but with the addition of SDI-12 compatibility - allowing integration into new and existing SDI-12 systems.
- Multiple PR2 SDI-12s can be connected to a compatible data logger via a single cable
- Enables the creation of low cost highly flexible sensor networks
- Compatible with existing PR2 access tubes and augering kits
- Conforms to industry standard SDI-12 (v1.3) spec
- Flexible integration with 3rd party SDI-12 hardware
- New low power design; ideal for remote sites
By adopting the widely used SDI-12 interface (v1.3) the PR2 SDI-12 can be integrated with a wide range of data loggers, sensors and equipment.
SDI-12 is an established communication standard adopted by many manufacturers of environmental monitoring and control equipment. It allows large numbers of sensors (from many vendors) to be connected to a logger via a simple cable network, thereby reducing the cost and complexity of wiring large sensor installations.
Cables and connectors
The PR2 SDI-12 has a high-quality, stainless steel, IP67-rated connector (M12 x 5-way) – connecting to the standard Delta-T range of M12 x 5-way cables and accessories. The M12 x 5-way cables are also compatible with Delta-T’s ML3, SM300, SM150 and EQ3 sensors.
(NB: The M12 x 8-way range of cables used for analogue PR2 connection is not compatible with the SDI-12 version of the PR2. Analogue and SDI-12 sensors cannot be mixed on the same cable system.)