Smart Storm offers a carefully selected range of bacterial products for effluent bioaugmentation. The range is based on specific formulations of naturally-occurring microbes, enzymes and plant extracts.
Biological treatments that use micro-organisms and nutrients to stimulate contaminant biodegradation are increasingly important in wastewater management.
Sometimes the naturally-occurring micro-organisms struggle to function as efficiently as they should due to cold weather, lack of oxygen or a surge of contaminants / filamentous bacteria, resulting in slowed breakdown of waste and increased odour.
Supplementing the naturally-occuring micro-organisms with specifically targeted micro-organisms can help avoid wastewater plant upsets. A shock dose of bacterial products can be added to correct imbalances and regular maintenance doses can be used to keep the system in healthy balance, reducing sludge build-up over time.
Bioaugmentation is a cost-effective treatment for trade effluent that requires little energy consumption. Using selected bacteria to stimulate contaminant biodegradation, it is possible to achieve the reduction of COD, TSS and FOGs in line with Environmental Agency standards for discharge to groundwater or watercourses.
Chemical consumption can be significantly reduced or eliminated, reducing ongoing expenditure, maintenance costs, the impact of the environment and extending equipment life.
In some instances, a simple dosing system can be added to an existing plant to improve overall efficiency.
- All strains are naturally-occurring soil micro-organisms that are harvested and enhanced
- All micro-organisms are non-disease-causing agents
- Enzymes are all naturally-occurring and are of microbial action, not animal or chemically derived
- All products are safe to humans, animals, and aquatic life
- Reduces grease build-up
- Controls filaments
- Improves effluent quality
- Decreases odours and foam
- Increases wastewater treatment efficiency
- Lowers sludge production
- Helps with start-up of new wastewater plants
Suitable for a wide range of industries, including:
- Food and beverage
- Fuel distribution
- Metal machining
- Oil drilling / saltwater disposal
- Parts washing
- Power generation plants
- Steel production
- Tank truck wash