Grit Decanter is a non-mechanical dewatering system designed to retain fine wastewater or industrial process grit with little water content, allowing for cost-effective disposal. An economical alternative to conventional dewatering systems, it is custom-designed to match local disposal truck configurations and is ideal for smaller treatment plants with peak flows of up to 300 L/s.
When a Grit Decanter is used in conjunction with a TeaCup® solids classifier, the grit underflow and washed abrasives require no further washing before dewatering. This underflow can be pumped or flow by gravity to the Grit Decanter for clarification and dewatering. Degritted overflow from the Grit Decanter can be returned to the plant headworks.
Only the Grit Decanter
- Retains 75 μm grit and larger when used with a TeaCup® grit washing unit
- Outputs clean, dry grit with 60% total solids and less than 25% volatile solids in a non-mechanical system
Increase dewatering capacity
Heavy-duty castors make the Grit Decanter highly portable, meaning that multiple units may be easily used in conjunction. When one is filled it can be moved aside to wait for the arrival of disposal trucks while a stand-by unit can be easily wheeled into place.
Configured to match disposal trucks
To allow for easy disposal of dewatered solids the Grit Decanter comes in three basic configurations to match local disposal trucks or equipment configurations:
Non-mechanical design requires no energy or washwater
A system using the Grit Decanter will cut energy costs and reduce the expense of replacing moving parts that come into contact with the abrasive impacts of grit. Additionally, durable construction ensures a long product life and reduces abrasive wear and fouling of solids handling equipment.
- 0.75, 1.0 and 1.5m3 capacities
- Meets US ANSI standards for safety and compatibility
- Standard hot-dipped, galvanised finish (or stainless steel) with female pipe thread connections
- Optional features include quick disconnect fittings and hinged plastic covers