|Max. pressure (bar)||
|Min. connection size (mm)||
|Max. connection size (mm)||
The Fixed Cone Free Discharge valve is typically used for free discharging control at the terminal point of a pipe or culvert at the base of a dam or reservoir stilling basin. The valve was developed to offer the user an economic solution for this type of application.
This type of valve has also been called a Howell-Bunger valve, a hollow cone valve and a sleeve regulation valve.
The valve ensures that kinetic energy in the issuing jet is dissipated before it strikes any boundary surface.
The valves use is limited only by working pressure and the extent of the stilling basin.
Actuating gear is located outside of the valve, enabling ease of inspection and maintenance.
It features drop-tight closure and is balanced during operation (meaning low operating power requirements).
• Actuating gear can be either a lever system or a twin screw arrangement.
• Can be manually or electrically operated.
• Hydraulic method of operation available.
• Pedestal mount operated.
• Options for hood design and manufacture.
• Options available for different designs of stilling basin.
• Soft / metal seats.
• Fabricated / cast construction.