Type 8695 positioners combine simply and reliably with the Type 21xx process valve actuators, and are specially designed for hygienic process environments.
They meet the demands of plant washdown environments thanks to their compact design, materials used, external seals, and integrated control air supply to the actuator.
- Contact-free inductive valve position registration (Teach function)
- Coloured illuminated status display
- Integrated control air routing
- Fieldbus AS-Interface or DeviceNet (option)
- With ATEX II cat. 3G/D approval
- close-tight function
- inversion of the operating direction of the setpoint signal
- characteristic curves selection
- switching of manual/automatic operation
Features are activated using push-buttons and DIP switches or a PC interface.
The registration of the valve position is done through a contact-free analog position sensor, which automatically recognises and saves the valve end position through the teach function when starting up.
The integrated pilot valve controls single or double-acting actuators.
Besides the electrical position feedback signal, the status of the device is shown directly on the control head itself through coloured LEDs showing a clear visible valve position status. As an option a fieldbus interface, AS-Interface, can be chosen.
The design of the control unit and the actuator is specially designed for the requirements of a hygienic process environment and enables an internal control air channel without external tubings.
The housing is easy to clean and features proven IP protection and chemically resistant materials for use in hygienic processing in food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.