ATEX approved (Zone 0 / 20)
Mass flow measured error 0.05
Promass Q is a coriolis flowmeter that has been developed for challenging industrial applications outside the laboratory where sudden changes in pressure and temperature during processing can impair accuracy or affect product quality.
Promass Q guarantees unmatched accuracy for mass flow, volume flow and density determination – also under frequently changing process conditions:
- Highest accuracy and repeatability for custody transfer in mass or volume units, e.g. in the oil and gas industry
- Highly accurate fluid density and concentration determination serving as a product quality indicator, e.g. in the food industry
- Mass flow: Measured error ±0.05 % (PremiumCal)
- Density: Measured error ±0.2 kg/m
- High turndown due to low pressure loss/zero point
- Remote version with up to 4 I/Os
- Backlit display with touch control and WLAN access
- Standard cable between sensor and transmitter
- High-precision measurement for unmatched accuracy of mass, flow, volume flow and density
- Temperature immunity achieved through multiple high-accuracy sensors
- Sensor, optimised tube shape and bracing technique mitigates pressure losses
- Optimised performance for liquids containing suspended bubbles or microbubbles due to patented Multi-Frequency Technology
- Lowest sensitivity to changing process pressure/temperature
- Superior repeatability, e.g. for custody transfer and meter proving
- Self diagnostic Heartbeat Technology for integrated verification of flowmeter performance
Suitable for a range of process control applications including:
- Error-free measurement in custody transfer applications in mass or volume units within the oil and gas industry
- Highly accurate fluid density measurement and concentration determination serving as a final product quality indicator, such as in the food industry
Promass Q in the food and beverage industry
Providing a high-precision measurement of fluid density ensures that quality characteristics can be monitored and maintained at all times. With the application of MFT, measurement errors associated with entrained gas are reduced to new lows for many applications commonly found in the food industry. Promass Q eliminates measurement errors resulting from both desired and unintentional air entrainment.
Promass Q in the oil and gas industry
Within the oil and gas industry, hydrocarbons are typically traded in volume units. For mass flowmeters this means that density determination has to be highly precise in order to accurately determine volume flow. Promass Q offers the best density measurement under real-world process and ambient conditions, so that volume flow can be directly determined and output with unparalleled accuracy. In addition, thanks to high repeatability, Promass Q is:
The meter of choice for measuring points that are regularly proved in accordance with API MPMS 4.8.
Ideally suited as a traceable reference device for high-precision on-site calibrations
Promass Q with MFT adds significant value to tackling the accurate measurement of liquids with entrained gas. These are, but not limited to:
- Gas-saturated fluids that will outgas when exposed to pressure changes
- Light hydrocarbons and cryogenics that are highly prone to flashing
- Viscous heavy crudes and emulsions that will tightly hold gases in suspension.