Type 8098 FLOWave is a lightweight inline flowmeter designed for compact assemblies that employs surface acoustic wave technology (SAW) to provide very accurate measurement of a variety of liquids, without physically coming into contact with the medium itself.
Clean and hygienic applications
FLOWave is used for clean applications including:
- Low conductivity water
- Pharmaceutical and medical products and processes
- Food and beverage ingredients processing
- Other processes requiring clean water processing
FLOWave can be incorporated into process skids providing a lightweight, cost-effective solution for hygienic applications.
As an alternative to coriolis meters
FLOWave can be used as an alternative to coriolis meters, with the following advantages:
- No interference with the medium
- No pressure drop
- Operates without vibration
- Offers more installation possibilities
Features and benefits
Interdigital transducers located on the outside of the measuring tube are used both as transmitters and emitters of a signal that behaves like a seismic wave.
The interdigital transducers are used to measure the temperature, density and flow rate of the medium travelling through it.
FLOWave is cleaner and more hygienic than other types of flowmeter and requires virtually no maintenance.
- No parts in the measurement tube
- Conforms to hygienic requirements
- Ideal for low conductivity or non conductive liquids
- Digital communication
- Compact and low weight
- Cost effective
- Easy to assemble and connect to rest of manufacturing process
- Energy efficient - energy consumption, around 25mA,